Appendix A: Definitions
- Consortium: A collective research entity consisting of Housing Research Centers.
- Consortium Associate: A non-voting dues paying member of the Consortium. To be a Consortium Associate the individual or firm shall work in the private shelter industry.
- Consortium Board of Housing Research Center Directors: The operating board of the Consortium composed of the Directors of each University-Based Housing Research Center, or their designated representatives.
- Consortium Executive Committee: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, the Chairs of the various permanent committees, the immediate past Chair and a representative of the NAHB Research Center.
- Housing Research Center: An individual university-based housing research center that is part of the Consortium. For purposes of Consortium membership the NAHB Research Center shall be considered a Housing Research Center.
- Local Advisory Council: An advisory body selected by an individual Housing Research Center to provide local input and direction on the research needs of the region.
- NAHB Research Center: A wholly-owned subsidiary corporation of the National Association of Home Builders.